Friday 15 April 2011

Adventure

This LO is my entry into the Once Upon A Sketch blog.



Again this LO is of Fraser Island on our way to Wathumba Creek.  I particularly like this photo as it shows the pure concentration on my son's face. Ryan is sitting on Dad's lab and actually steering the 4WD.  I remember taking this photo and while I was taking it, I had a flash forward moment and I almost saw for a second what he would be like as an adult.  It was very eerie but it was also comforting at the same time.

I used DCWV Endless Summer and Bright stacks.  I also used some rub ons for the flowers and the word.  I hand made my bracket and cut out the leaves and made a banner out of them.


12 comments:

  1. beautiful work especially your "leaf banner" a beautiful unique idea .... stunning work .... love the green too .. thanks for playing .. hugz xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic take on the sketch, love the big title and the leaf banner is so creative. Thank You for sharing the story behind these wonderful photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! The photo is beautiful and with the journaling is some more beautiful! Thank to play with us on Once Upon A Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Page!! Love the green with the photos!! And the leaves are fabulous!! Wonderful to have you at "Once Upon.... :)
    Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for you lovely comments! Lovely to be on Once Upon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just ADORE the leaf banner. What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the leaf banner too! thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout. that banner is such an eye catcher. Thanks for joining us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout, loving the leafy banner, thanks for joinin in with Once Upon A Sketch.
    Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!Great take on the Sketch. I love it...Love the leaf banner..Thanks for playing along at Once Upon A..Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your monochromatic color and design. Great job! This is so beautiful! Feel free to drop by at my blog http://scrappinworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete