Wednesday 13 April 2011

Brand New to the world of Blogging

Hello everyone,

I am very new to the world of blogging - feel really silly typing to "no one" but shall give it a go anyway!.

I have some new paintings that I have done and finished.  I am very happy with the portrait of my dog Max that I did.  It is done with acrylics.  The background is done using a sponge and a combination of 3 colours.  Max is a monochromatic coloured dog (which is very handy!) so I used Paynes Grey and Titanium White and mixed as I need them.



I am also a scrapper and here are some layouts that I have done.  This layout was done during a retreat at Fancy That Scrapbooking at Brookfield.  This was a challenge layout.  I did a girly theme even though my life is plagued with boys (ha ha).  It was when we visited Disney World (fantastic place) and my son, Ryan met Princess Belle.



I copied and made a template from Princess Aurora's crown and created a door effect and used chalks to soften the paper.  I also used a frame from Scrapmat and "adjusted" it a bit to frame the photo.

3 comments: