Saturday 16 April 2011

Wathumba Creek

This LO was inspired by the photo that was taken at Wathumba Creek on Fraser Island.  (Yes I'm doing lots of Fraser Island :) ) 

I sprayed white cardstock with hairspray so that the paint would not soak through the cardstock.  The top of the cardstock once I painted it with Sapphire mixed with White to get that lovely sky colour just turned up a little.  So the experiment turned out great.  I extended the horizon line, the small island with the trees, the small expanse of water to either side of the cardstock.  I then used the same sky colour and randomly dry brushed it on the cardstock to show patches of water that show on the bottom third of the photo.  Then using texture paste and a palette knife I dragged the texture paste and roughed it up to imitate sand. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nerrida, Love what you have done with the photo, glad to see the hairspray worked too :)

    cant wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete